Friday, August 30, 2013

Armchair voyager .... Homefront warrior!

I have recently been able to indulge in a long time passion, photography, and have become very active on Instagram. Through this exciting medium I have been thrilled daily by fantastic photographs from all over the world and am following photographers from some places I had never heard of!  The main joy I have had is connecting with people with a shared passion for the beauty and wonder of God's creation. Many of these people are Christians, many are not yet there is always hope for a person who is awed by what the Creator has made.
The other thing that has happened is a desire to travel has been stirred up within me. I too want to record these beautiful places and share them with others. I have never before longed to roam around the world and, quite honestly, I am getting a tad too old and I am definitely  too broke to travel, so I have had to wonder what God is really stirring in me? Am I going to be sent in some new direction? Has God got some way in which He can use me or my passion for His glory and to advance His Kingdom? I don't know really. All I can do is trust and listen for His promptings. In the meantime it is important that, from where I am, I continue to do His works. That I continue to reach out to those who do not know Him and let them see Him in me and spread His message of love and redemption through Jesus Christ.
Perhaps I will travel one day, perhaps not. Either way my main thing is to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, to walk wherever He leads me and to do whatever tasks He gives me right here, in my own backyard!
God bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment